Sunday, January 23, 2011

Decisions, decisions...

Sometimes you make a plan for your life but maybe God doesnt like your plan and decides to make his own plan for you. I am not the most religious person, nor do I go to church, but I believe in fate & following my heart. Your gut doesnt lie, and the only thing you can do is what is right for you and your family. Sometimes that includes sacrificing time with people you love so you can finish something important that will improve life later on.

I have been at a crossroad these last few weeks. Debating whether or not I should take more classes for school or stop attending. I went to visit my mom this weekend and I was talking to her and she said something to me that made me realize my answer.

I may not be Martha Stewart, or Super MOM but I'm trying to set an example for my son. I want him to know that just because I am a female doesnt mean I'm going to be a stay at home mom (There's nothing wrong with that btw). Thats not who I am, nor who I will ever be. My childhood traumatized my life: my views, my beliefs, my EVERYTHING! I fear depending on a man. I fear not graduating, I fear not doing something amazing, I fear not being able to take care of myself. Since I was 18 I think I have been doing okay. But thats not enough for me. I want more and I wont ever be satisfied, its who I am.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, follow your heart. Dont ever give up, keep trying even when it gets tough, keep believing in yourself even when you have nothing else. Things happen for a reason and everything has its time. The hardest thing in life is sacrificing time, time that could've been spent with your loved ones. I will never have this time back ever again. And that's the hardest part. So for now, I will follow my heart and hopefully accomplish something much more that will influence my son later on in life; and thats to follow your dreams & your heart.

Heels & Kisses,

Nadia

2 comments:

  1. Nadia don't give up, but hurry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its been a tough year... I will try <3 Thank you for the encouragement Anonymous <3. Nadia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...