Wednesday, December 21, 2011

These boots were made for walking

I LOOOOOOVEEE downtown LA. There is something so beautiful about it. F*** Beverly Hills, F*** West Hollywood, downtown LA has my name written all over it.

I used to go to school, work, and play in downtown. I love this city. It is unique, beautiful, charismatic, and charming.

Lately, I've been looking for a pair of casual boots. I have searched high and low for them and have not come across a pair i love. So i decided to head to downtown LA since i love the fashion scene there.

I found two amazing stores; Bliss shoe store and Lola's Shoetique.

I found these amazing boots. It was love at first sight. I knew i immediately had to buy them. The guy quoted me $40. My instinct was to 'keep shopping' (although normally, i would've yelled out. "DEAL!!!! I'LL TAKE THEM") He saw me put the boots away and i told him i would keep looking around, he then said: "I'll give them to you for $32, will you pay cash?". And i glowed of happiness. For some odd reason, sellers in downtown LA love cash shoppers.


So i walked out happily with my awesome pair of boots that i paid $32 bucks for!



Look how happy i am in this picture! lol (Yes, i made the sales girl take a picture of me)


I walked over to Lola's and the sales staff apparently must be all family. The 16 year old boy who helped me was a little hustler. I got my sister a pair of dark brown boots for $25 bucks flat! What a freaking deal!

I normally am a 'quality-over-quantity' type of girl and i must say 'times are changing'. Shopping in downtown LA changed my views. Not because its cheap but because i saw so many young girls shopping on a budget. I had a lot of 'stares' and looks from young girls. This 17 year old girl came up to me and asked me where i got my clothes. It was flattering but it felt so real. Because 10 years ago. I was that girl. I know I'm going off the subject, and I'm pretty random in the way i write these blogs. But i just want to remind you, don't ever forget the girl you were 10 years ago. Don't ever forget that you were once shopping on a budget. Don't ever lose your sense of fashion because of brand names.


Stay true to your sense of fashion instinct even when you shop on a budget. If you just bought yourself a pair of $32 boots, make sure you strut the shit out of those boots. Because there are so many girls that cant even afford to buy $32 pair of boots. I used to be one of them. Don't let the girl next to you who is holding a Prada bag, wearing Christian Louboutin heels, and a DVF dress intimidate you. Stay confident in what you wear. You are not your clothes. Don't ever forget where you came from, or who you are.

Heels & Kisses,
Nadia

Bliss || 1129 Santee Alley Los Angeles 90015 || 213.747.1812

Lola's Shoetique || 1155 Santee street Los Angeles 90015 || 213.745.6632 || http://www.lolashoetique.com/

2 comments:

  1. "If you just bought yourself a pair of $32 boots, make sure you strut the shit out of those boots." <--love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right?? I may be broke & on a budget but... at least i'll look good in my $32 dollar boots! :)) LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...