Wednesday, April 4, 2012

May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor

I read the books and had minimal expectations for the film but I must say that I was really impressed by this adaptation of The Hunger Games!  I don't know if they nominate these sorts of films for Academy Awards, but Jennifer Lawrence was fantastic as Katniss Everdeen, as was the rest of the cast.
source
There are so many things I'd like to comment on and analyze but I really don't want to spoil it for anyone who has not read the books but plans on watching the movie. I implore you...read the books if you can! But if you just want to see the movie, do it!

source
One thing I especially loved from the film was the use of color in the fashions, distinguishing the people from the "poorer" districts from those who live in the Capitol. There is quite a bit of social commentary that might be lost on some of the younger audience members, but I'm sure many people appreciate the satire.

source
I'd like to see this again, if anyone is up to it!

Happy Hunger Games!

XO,
Janea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...