Monday, April 23, 2012

Bead Me Up, Scotty!

Source: Honestlywtf
I have been wanting to make my own friendship bracelets for a long time now. I really like the simplicity of them, and they just remind me of my childhood, especially summers spent away from school friends, and the anticipation of trading bracelets when we were back in school.

I LOVE the bracelet DIYs on honestlywtf.com - and the embellished friendship bracelet tutorial is the best!

I guess what I'm going for is a mix of the two styles, similar to bracelets I already own -


The teal bracelet has crimp beads along each cord, and is embellished with small silver hearts and beads. This was from Target and purchased at $4. The other bracelet is round, plastic lanyard cord, embellished with different beads and charms. The square silver beads are separated by little knots. This one I got at a little mall store for $5. Each bracelet has three "strands" so to speak.  I think I could do that, and many more, for a fraction of the price!


Supplies are from Joann craft store. Embroidery floss in about 2 dozen colors, heart charms, leaf charms, silver beads, etc. I am excited!  I wanted to go bead crazy but thought I would just start small.

I figure I could make myself some, and if they're good enough then that's what everyone's getting from me from now on lol ;)

Wish me luck!

XO
Janea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...